Can a Data Analyst Become a Business Analyst?
Can a Data Analyst become a Business Analyst? Short answer – yes.
I’ll look at why a data analyst can become a business analyst and how someone can make this transition. We’ll look at training, skills, and how to take this data to business analyst career path.
If you’ve seen my video about business analyst vs data analyst roles, you’re already familiar with some of the differences between the jobs.
Business analysts analyze the organization, processes, systems, or a problem from a business lens. Data analytics is a portion of this work, but always as a means to an end. That is – a business analyst uses data to help support business decisions and changes.
So what do you need to do to move from a data analyst to a business analyst job?
💬 LET’S TALK
• Analytics career coaching: https://thecareerforce.com/coaching
💡 RESOURCES FROM JEN
• Data Analyst eBook: https://thecareerforce.com/DA-book
• Business Analyst eBook: https://thecareerforce.com/BA-book
• Tableau training: https://thecareerforce.com/products/tableau-training/
• Think Like an Analyst training: http://thecareerforce.com/TLAA
• FREE analytics career quiz: http://bit.ly/TCFCareerQuiz
🧰 OTHER RESOURCES
Learn to Code*: https://thecareerforce.com/DataCamp
* This is an affiliate link. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. I only promote products I have investigated and feel deliver value.