Data Analyst Master's Degrees – 3 Things to Look For
What should you look for in a data analyst master’s degree?
I’ve worked with students from a number of different data analyst masters programs over many years. I’ve found there generally is a difference in how well they’re prepared for their first full time job as a data analyst depending on the program.
These are general guidelines of what I’d look for in a masters program.
Can you be successful without them? Of course!
But if you’re trying to choose from a multitude of options, these are things you’ll want to look for.
Keep in mind the goal of getting a degree. For most people, It isn’t to be the most technically skilled person. Yes, you’ll certainly be building a lot of skills. But the real goal is to prepare you to be effective in finding and working in a position.
Tableau training: https://thecareerforce.com/products/tableau-training/
Think Like an Analyst training: http://thecareerforce.com/TLAA
NC State Master of Analytics: https://analytics.ncsu.edu/
💬 LET’S TALK
• Analytics career coaching: https://thecareerforce.com/coaching
💡 RESOURCES FROM JEN
• Data Analyst eBook: https://thecareerforce.com/DA-book
• Business Analyst eBook: https://thecareerforce.com/BA-book
• Tableau training: https://thecareerforce.com/products/tableau-training/
• Think Like an Analyst training: http://thecareerforce.com/TLAA
• FREE analytics career quiz: http://bit.ly/TCFCareerQuiz
🧰 OTHER RESOURCES
Learn to Code*: https://thecareerforce.com/DataCamp
* This is an affiliate link. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. I only promote products I have investigated and feel deliver value.