Announcing: Introduction to Design | Springboard Blog
At the moment, we’re blissful to announce the launch of a brand new Springboard course, Introduction to Design.
Design is among the tech trade’s fastest-growing skilled fields. Demand for completed designers working in UI (person interface) and UX (person expertise) is expected to grow by 14.9% over the next 10 years.
This progress is just not information to us right here at Springboard. UX design was one in all our first on-line bootcamps; we launched it in 2014 with the hope of giving our college students actual, hands-on expertise on this rising subject. At the moment, our UX Design Career Track and our UI/UX Design Career Track provide a deep dive into UI and UX design with further mentorship and assist, together with one-on-one video calls from trade leaders and the possibility to work with an actual firm on a number of portfolio tasks—all with Springboard’s one-of-a-kind job assure.
However as we listened to suggestions from our college students and alumni, we realized one thing vital. Diving headfirst right into a nine-month-long design bootcamp is intimidating—to not point out a big funding of time, cash, and assets.
Introduction to Design was impressed by these conversations.
It’s a brief, four-week course for anybody who desires to be taught extra in regards to the fundamentals of design with out investing an excessive amount of time or cash upfront. In case you are new to the design subject, it offers you an opportunity to road-test a brand new profession and see if it’s the correct match, and to get a style for on-line studying within the course of.
The most effective half? There isn’t a utility course of: only a one-time tuition price of $490. As well as, we’re launching the course with a particular introductory value of $349 for a restricted time.
Is Introduction to Design proper for me?
In the event you reply “sure” to any of those questions, then Springboard’s Introduction to Design course is best for you.
- Have you ever all the time puzzled in case your skillset can be put to higher use as a UI or UX designer?
- Are you interested by design and on-line bootcamps however haven’t had the time or cash to decide to both earlier than?
- Do it’s worthwhile to brush up on primary UI/UX design abilities in your present position?
What’s going to Introduction to Design cowl?
Right here’s a short snapshot of what the four-week course will cowl.
- An outline of some primary design abilities together with Sketch or Figma (your selection)
- Work on design workouts and an end-to-end venture, the place you’ll:
- Conduct analysis
- Create a person persona
- Sketch attainable options
- Create low-fidelity wireframes utilizing Sketch or Figma
- Construct high-fidelity designs utilizing Sketch or Figma
- Select to conduct usability checks
What can I count on to get out of Introduction to Design?
As with all Springboard bootcamps, Introduction to Design will likely be a 100% on-line and self-paced studying expertise. Right here’s what else you possibly can count on from the course:
- One-on-one mentorship from a design skilled who will present help, profession recommendation, and perception into the day-to-day lifetime of a designer by way of weekly calls (4 in whole)
- A one-on-one name with a profession coach, who will reply questions in regards to the design trade and assist you to choose the most effective profession path in your skillset and pursuits
- Fingers-on, exercise-based studying
- Entry to a devoted pupil advisor, a instructing assistant, and pupil operations assist
- Entry to a neighborhood of aspiring designers and design consultants, together with weekly “workplace hours” with mentors and UI/UX Profession Observe alumni
Okay, I’m bought. How do I join and what’s it going to price me?
Listed below are a number of vital particulars it’s worthwhile to know earlier than signing up for Introduction to Design.
- There isn’t a utility course of for this course: anybody is free to enroll so long as you possibly can pay the schooling price. That is usually $490 — however will likely be $349 for a restricted time
- We’ll run a brand new cohort each Monday, beginning on June 22, 2020
- The full estimated workload is 50 hours, anticipated to be accomplished over 4 weeks
- You should have entry to 4 mentor calls (one per week), in addition to lifelong entry to the curriculum do you have to want longer than 4 weeks to finish the course
- Chances are you’ll full the course quicker in case you have earlier design expertise or are in a position to dedicate further time to the course materials
Able to go? Sign up for Introduction to Design here.